PPI Local Production, November 2021 – November 2022
PRODUCER PRICE INDEX (2010=100) BY SECTOR (MSIC 2008)
- The increase in Malaysia’s Producer Price Index which measures the prices of goods at factory gate eased further to record 3.2 per cent in November 2022 as compared to 4.0 per cent posted in October 2022.
- In November 2022, all sectors posted an increase except Agriculture, forestry & fishing sector that recorded a decrease of negative 18.5 per cent (October 2022: -18.2%). In addition, Manufacturing index increased 6.2 per cent (October 2022: 7.3%). Similarly, Mining index registered an increase of 2.4 per cent (October 2022: -0.5%). For utility index, the indices of Water supply and Electricity & gas supply recorded an increase of 4.2 per cent and 1.4 per cent, respectively.
- Month on month, PPI Local Production increased 0.6 per cent in November 2022 as compared to 0.1 per cent recorded in the previous month. The increase was contributed by Agriculture, forestry & fishing index which increased 5.5 per cent. Similarly, Mining index recorded an increase of 0.5 per cent. Manufacturing index also increased by 0.2 per cent. In addition, Water supply index increased 0.2 per cent while Electricity & gas supply index decreased negative 0.1 per cent.
- In terms of PPI Local Production by stage of processing, the index of Crude materials for further processing index continued to decline by negative 8.5 per cent in November 2022 due to a decline of negative 10.6 per cent in the index of Non-food materials. In addition, index of Intermediate materials, supplies & components increased 7.7 per cent in November 2022 driven by an increase in the indices of Processed fuel & lubricants (17.1%), Supplies (10.4%) and Materials & components for manufacturing (3.7%). Finished goods index posted an increase of 3.3 per cent due to the increase in Finished consumer foods (5.7%) and Capital equipment (3.2%) indices.
- Month on month, PPI local production by stage of processing increased 2.6 per cent for Crude materials for further processing index and 0.7 per cent for Finished goods index. However, Intermediate materials, supplies & components index decreased negative 0.1 per cent.
The full publication of the Producer Price Index Malaysia, November 2022 can be downloaded from eStatistik portal.
DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS MALAYSIA
29th DECEMBER 2022
Public Relation Officer
Strategic Communication and International Division
Department of Statistics, Malaysia
Tel : +603-8885 7942
Fax : +603-8888 9248