Generally, the logo signifies the department's direction to become a leading statistical organisation internationally.
- Round – reflects the unity of the staff of the department in achieving vision and mission.
- White grid line – signifies a global network of mutual cooperation.
- Arrow – signifies rapid development of the department since its inception. It also reflects the increasing role of the department and quality of data in tandem with user demand.
- Red colour – reflects the firmness of the department in safeguarding the confidentiality of respondents' information.
- Orange colour – Energetic, enthusiastic in carrying out duties. Courageous to face challenges to be at par with other Statistics Agencies in the world