PPI Local Production, October 2021 – October 2022
PRODUCER PRICE INDEX (2010=100) BY SECTOR (MSIC 2008)
- Producer Price Index (PPI) Local Production eased further to record 4.0 per cent in October 2022 as compared to 4.9 per cent recorded in September 2022.
- The increase was attributed by Manufacturing index with 7.3 per cent (September 2022: 8.1%), followed by indices of Water supply (4.9%) and Electricity & gas supply (1.2%). At the same time, the increase in PPI local production was offset by the decrease in Agriculture, forestry & fishing (-18.2%) and Mining (-0.5%) indices.
- Month on month, PPI Local Production increased 0.1 per cent in October 2022 after posting a decline for four consecutive months. The increase was driven by Mining index which increased 5.0 per cent, followed by Water supply (0.7%) and Electricity & gas supply (0.4%) indices. In addition, Agriculture, forestry & fishing index decreased by negative 2.0 per cent (September 2022: -5.3%), meanwhile Manufacturing index declined by negative 0.2 per cent (September 2022: -0.7%).
- In terms of PPI Local Production by stage of processing, the index of Crude materials for further processing index continued to decline by negative 8.7 per cent in October 2022 (September 2022: -6.4%). The decrease was due to the index of Non-food materials (-10.8%). Furthermore, index of Intermediate materials, supplies & components increased 9.1 per cent in October 2022 (September 2022: 10.0%) driven by an increase in indices of Processed fuel & lubricants (19.7%), Supplies (10.2%) and Materials & components for manufacturing (5.4%). Finished goods index registered an increase of 3.4 per cent (September 2022: 3.1%), attributed by the increase in Finished consumer foods (7.1%) and Capital equipment (3.1%) indices.
- Month on month, all stage of processing recorded an increase in October 2022. Crude materials for further processing and Intermediate materials, supplies & components indices recorded 0.1 per cent increase, respectively. Similarly, Finished goods index increased 0.3 per cent.
The full publication of the Producer Price Index Malaysia, October 2022 can be downloaded from eStatistik portal.
DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS MALAYSIA
30th NOVEMBER 2022
Public Relation Officer
Strategic Communication and International Division
Department of Statistics, Malaysia
Tel : +603-8885 7942
Fax : +603-8888 9248